Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ray Wersching and Jayson Langfels

I received two returns recently- Ray Wersching (San Francisco 49ers) and Jayson Langfels (Modesto Nuts).  Ray Wersching was the kicker for the 49ers for most of the 80s.  He was very good from less than 50 yards.  He was the hero of the 49ers first Super Bowl victory over the Cincinnati Bengals as he kicked 4 field goals.  I loved the fact that he would never look up until after the kick.  He would run in from the sideline and never look at the uprights.  He had to have some faith in his holder.  :)  He signed a photo of a 49ers helmet for me.

The second return was from Jayson Langfels who plays for the Modesto Nuts. I saw him play for the Nuts and he had a good game.  It was for my 40th so I thought I would try and get some autographs from players that played that night.  The Nuts are right in the thick of the pennant race and I hope they make the playoffs.  His goal is to make the big leagues.  He is from Kentucky so I of course asked about Kentucky basketball and he said he was a fan and was upset that he missed the celebration in Lexington.  I asked him what he liked about Modesto and he said very that Mexican food was his top choice.  He seems like a nice guy and I hope he reaches the majors when all is said and done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment