Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bill Kilmer, Larry Johnson jersey, pictures

I received a return from Bill Kilmer on a Redskins helmet photo.  Mr. Kilmer had an excellent career at UCLA and finished fifth in the Heisman voting in 1960.  He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers and was used primarily as a running back.  He was involved in a car accident that made him miss the whole 1963 season.  He went to the New Orleans Saints and became a starting quarterback.  When he went to the Redskins and George Allen was when he had the most success.  He led the Redskins to the Super Bowl.  I asked him if it was tough to battle Sunny Jurgenson for the starting job and he said no.  I had read that the fans were kind of split between the two.  His favorite memory was beating the Cowboys.  He loved everywhere he played.

The second item I am going to mention I bought.  But it is extremely special to me.  I loved watching Larry Johnson play.  I became a fan of his when he was at UNLV and followed him throughout his career.  He was my favorite player.  I bought many of his shoes and started calling my grandma grandmama.  I did that for the rest of her life.  When I saw this autographed Charlotte Hornets jersey with the Grandmama inscription, I had to have it.  I bought it and as soon as it came it went onto my wall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment