Sunday, February 19, 2012

Been awhile

I have been slacking a lot on this blog and hopefully I will do better.  I have received a lot of returns and I will update them as I can.  One of the coolest returns I have received recently is from Tommy Mason.  He was the number one pick of the Minnesota Vikings and was the very first player in Minnesota Vikings history. I thought that was so cool so I had to research him and send him a letter.  The coolest part of the return was that Tommy Mason called me.  I never put my phone number in my letters.  He looked up and found my phone number and called me.  He wanted to let me know that he had received my letter and item to be signed.  He also took the time to answer the questions that I had written and talk about my teaching career.  It was a truly special moment for me.  It is amazing what some of these former players will do for fans, even fans that never got to see them play.  This hobby is truly awesome. 

I have never gotten to talk to a former player before on the phone.  There was one other player who called me once but unfortunately I missed the phone call.  This is an interaction that I will always remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment